Sujet: Drill size or finished hole size

Drill size or finished hole size

In the drill size entry should I enter the size of hole I require after plating, or should I allow some extra for the plating? If so how much?
12/08/2002 22:12:12
Gyles
Re: Drill size or finished hole size
:
: In the drill size entry should I enter the size of hole I require after plating, or should I allow some extra for the plating? If so how much?

Hi Gyles,

Many thanks for your interesting question.
In PCB-POOL(R) the drill diametre given by the customer is the drill diametre returned to the customer.
This is standard with the majority of manufacturers all across the world, but we have heard of a different practice in the US.
If anybody reading could correct/confirm this please.
When the PCB-POOL(R) receive your PCB and it is placed on the panel, all holes are drilled 0.15-0.2mm in diametre larger than the original size. This ensures that after Plating, the hole will have decreased. Combine the other processes, and ultimately HAL ( Hot Air Level), and the hole receives a good plating, the diametre is the same as what the customer sent in his original data, subject to tolerance.
One point to note, it is very important that there is at least 0.2mm restring ( Annular Ring) in radius around the drill to ensure a properly plated hole.

So thanks again and we are looking forward to plating some holes for you in the near future.
All the Best
Your Beta LAYOUT Team
13/08/2002 10:58:41
Beta LAYOUT GmbH Service Team
répondre