Sujet: Slots for pads

Slots for pads
Hi,

I'm using OrCAD Layout Plus, and I want to have slots rather than circular holes in the pads for a mini-USB connector's mounting flanges. OrCAD doesn't have a facility for this insisting that all holes must be round! As a kludge, I've created a footprint where the conventional oval pads are each superimposed by a set of four round pads in a row, such that the five overlapping holes behave as a slot. OrCAD is unhappy with this, quite rightly flagging up Design Rule errors. Can this arrangement be manufactured?

Thanks in advance,
09/02/2009 10:15:15
Tim Forcer
Re: Slots for pads
: Hi,
:
: I'm using OrCAD Layout Plus, and I want to have slots rather than circular holes in the pads for a mini-USB connector's mounting flanges. OrCAD doesn't have a facility for this insisting that all holes must be round! As a kludge, I've created a footprint where the conventional oval pads are each superimposed by a set of four round pads in a row, such that the five overlapping holes behave as a slot. OrCAD is unhappy with this, quite rightly flagging up Design Rule errors. Can this arrangement be manufactured?
:
: Thanks in advance,

Hi Tim,
If we see that there are overlapping holes on your data that look like a slot then we can change them to a format that suits us. To be 100% sure we dont miss it can you indicate on your order as a special requirment that there are slots on the board.
Also please be aware that the minimum slot we can produce is 1.00mm in width.

Best Regards
Your Pcb-Pool Team

09/02/2009 10:49:38
Beta LAYOUT Ltd Service Team
répondre